Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another Special Order Finished

I couple months ago I recieved  a fan mail from someone who had been admiring a painting in a gallery that represents me. After thinking about it for some time he noticed it missing one day when he stopped in. I thought he was joking when he wrote to see if I had that painting available, as I just the DAY BEFORE received a check for it. -He was hoping the gallery had returned it after having it for a while and was suffering some buyers remorse.
I said I wold be happy to work with some of the elements that really drew him to the painting in the first place. We agreed I would do three sketches and and he could choose his favorite for me to work from for the finished work. It was kind of fun, and I ended up liking all three. (ok maybe one more than the others but I won't tell)
 A bit hard to tell in these photos but hopefully you get the idea. Basically working with a gold leaf circle large foreground/background split, and a very soulful face that wasn't to kooky.



The finished piece. I like how it came out. Waiting for the paint to dry, but the customer loved the photo.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Business is buzzin'. You go girl! Rah Rah Shish koom BA!

Anonymous said...

I like how it came out too!!
Mary DT

Christine Brallier said...

Love ALL the drawings! Your art is so beautiful, so special!

Christine Brennan said...

Thanks so much everyone. I think I need a little pick me up right now and you are all it! Thanks for writing.