Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pillow Talk

A couple more pillows to show. -This is what I spent quite a bit of time on in the spring. I think I've made 8 or nine of them now. I had fun scouring thrift stores for XXL mens shirts to use with fabric I liked. Great deals on down pillows hiding under icky covers for just a few bucks, and embroidery thread now comes in almost any color you could want.



 You can see the color is way off in these photos but you get the idea. The orange/red border was one of my favorite sari border scraps from my collection. I have finally found the perfect project for using my little fabric bits. But of course I somehow add enough so that the mighty pile always fails to get smaller. Guess I will have to keep on sewing.


I liked a small sketch I did of this bird-guy. I made it into a tiny painting, then this pillow. The 'feathers' were fun.


    Back of bird-dude pillow. Something very therapeutic about making those slow tiny stitches.



 Front and back, -a friend asked if the bear was playing with himself. Now of course that is all I can see when I look at him, but really his arms are too short.



No comments: